The Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, U.S. Naval Academy, the American Nuclear Society and the U.S. Naval Academy ANS Student Chapter
In Association with the National Cybersecurity Institute Recognize the First USNA Graduating Class of Nuclear Engineering and Cyber Security Majors
The Institute of Nuclear Materials Management, U.S. Naval Academy, American Nuclear Society and the U.S. Naval Academy American Nuclear Society Student Chapter, in association with the National Cybersecurity Institute, are pleased to announce a Technical Meeting on Nuclear Energy and Cyber Security to be held at the at the U.S. Naval Academy and the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel on 17-19 April 2016 in Annapolis, MD to recognize the first USNA graduating class of Nuclear Engineering and Cyber Security majors.
Technical Meeting Activities
This Technical Meeting will address the following issues and areas that could benefit from technical exchanges among nuclear energy and cyber security subject matter experts.
• New Reactor Designs and Military Concepts
• Modular Reactor Designs
• Weapons Effects
• Nuclear Materials
• Nonproliferation and Arms Control
• Facility Operations and Transportation
• Radiation Protection
• Nuclear Instrumentation and Methods
• Nuclear Security and Physical Protection
• Material Control and Accounting
• Education and Training
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation
• Cyber Security in the Nuclear Area
Who Has Been Invited to Attend?
Members of INMM and ANS, U.S. Military Academy Students, Academia, and other professionals associated with nuclear and/or cyber security who are involved in the following areas have been invited to make presentations to the graduates:
• Public policy arena
• Organizations involved in nuclear safeguards and nonproliferation programs
• Organizations associated with nuclear energy and nuclear energy research
• Organizations involved in cybersecurity in the nuclear arena
• Vendors involved in nuclear energy and/or cybersecurity in the nuclear arena
Abstract Submission Now Open Through February 19
All abstracts, paper justifications and biographies must be submitted electronically to the Technical Program Committee by February 19, 2016. Click here for details and instructions.
The Technical Meeting on Nuclear Energy and Cyber Security will be held at the Annapolis Waterfront Hotel and on the yard at the U.S. Naval Academy. Transportation between venues will be provided, and most locations are within an easy walk. Click here for hotel information.
INMM Membership Invitation
For Additional Program Information and Questions, contact:
Aaron Adair, Executive Director, Institute of Nuclear Materials Management
One Parkview Plaza, Suite 800, Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181